Are you spiritually exhausted? rev. gitahi daniel
Some Christians, although still in the walk of faith, are exhausted.
It is possible to not know when exhausted, and these signs will help you know whether you are tired, and take necessary measures against the said exhaustion.
Signs of a Tired Christian
1. Fighting the ones God has sent.
There are people in church who are best in criticising every single thing. They see negativity in everything.
Choir members, ushers and even pastors are all workers in God's vineyard. If you always find yourself speaking against them, then you are exhausted.
You probably used to pray for your Man of God but all you see in him/her are faults these days. Take care. It is an indication that you are tired and headed in the wrong direction.
In 1 Kings 13:11-25, we see an account where an old prophet criticizes a younger one. Criticism in ministry, most of the time, is not influenced by the right motives.
The downfall of a man starts when they start seeing faults in a good altar.
2. You find it difficult to work/serve in the house of God
Ecc 9:10 says 'Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.'
Whatever you do in this life - in this case God's house - work for it fully. It is only in this life that we have such chances.
If you can't enjoy working in God's house like you used to, it means you are suffering from spiritual tiredness.
The Word of God in Jer 48:10 (a) says “A curse on anyone who is lax in doing the Lord's work.
3. Skipping church services
Heb 10:25 charges us to not miss out on brethren fellowship.
The privileges that believers are entitled to enjoy in a brethren fellowship cannot be emphasized enough.
Again, if you don't have the drive to attend church, it is a sign that you are spiritually tired.
As a Tired Believer;
1. You don't feel like going to church will make any difference in your life.
2. You feel like there are no good churches near you
3. You seem to think that there is sin in your church/altar.
You believe that there are no good churches.
4. You are hurt by a church member
5. You don't feel like they have a place for your children
6. You feel like church is boring
7. You give excuses that you are supposed to be working on Sundays
8. You have obligations during the weekend including Sundays.
8. You read the Bible but don't understand.
You don't feel like you will know Jesus
9. Struggling in prayer
10. You avoid paying tithes, offerings and support.
11. Finding yourself committing sin in the mind and body
12. You find it hard to forgive
13. Finding it difficult to overcome temptations
Tips to get over Spiritual Tiredness:
- You must make sure to have a daily relationship with God
- Read and study your Bible daily. Get a Bible reading strategy
- Mind your friends. Get those that can help you in spiritual growth.
- Attend the church that teaches the right doctrine. Not what you necessarily want to hear.
It is easy to get tired along the way. Conduct frequent spiritual scrutiny on yourself.