By being born again.
BY BEING BORN AGAIN.
14 Oct 2020 | By Pst. Gitahi DanielBeing born again takes and carries a lot. The only way to experience God's mercies and grace through what Jesus Christ did, is by surrendering fully to Christ in Salvation. Here is what comes with being saved.
1. When you get saved, you become God's child (John 1:12)When you get saved, you receive power to become a child of God. It is not in our power to be God's children, it takes Jesus Christ the Saviour. John 3 :16 is also an indicator of the same. The second part specifically says that "that whoever believes in Him should not perish bit have eternal life."
2. When you get saved, you get "born again".In John 3, Nicodemus asks Jesus what it would take to be born again to which Jesus replies that one must be born of Water and Spirit. We all came from the first man Adam. By getting saved, we get "born again" through the second Adam, Jesus Christ. Getting born again makes all things new and takes away the condemnation that came with the former self hence; born again.
3. You are a new creature2 Cor 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." We dont keep on repenting as believers. We purify/cleanse ourselves occasionally. Repentance is all about walking away from a bad habit and changing completely never to go back. Purification is striving to be pure on a daily basis without returning to former sinful self. It is completely different from repentance. We are not called to keep on repenting i.e going back to the same old habits because we have a chance to repent. We should not weigh ourselves and our walk with God according to the gifts we have or how powerful we are spiritually. A new creature is known by how different they become from former self. The Word of God should be a mirror to every new creature. They should always read and lean on God's Word. A new Creature is also God's instrument of honour. A new creature should always act in faith. Basically, we should cast all our cares and seek guidance from God.
4. You are accepted by God.The most important thing for any of us is having an identity with Christ. The only way to be acceptable before God is by getting born again. Eph 1:6 "to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved."
5. You possess eternal life.John 10: 27 - 28 The only way we qualify for eternal life is by being born again. When a believer sins, they are disqualified from attaining eternal life. Believers are not goats they are sheep. The scriptures in Matt 25 illustrates the character of a believer from a non believer by the striking difference between a goat and a sheep. God is not a respector of persons and eternal life is only for those whose lives are Christ-like. In matt 25, the 5 foolish virgins were locked out of the wedding banquet while the other 5 that were wise were allowed in. These are the ones that the bridegroom found ready. These wise virgins represent believers who keep on purifying themselves, who are well prepared to meet Jesus in the air.
6. Your name is written in the book of life.As a believer, let it always register in your mind that if your name is not in the book of life, that everything else is vanity. As a born again, it is your duty to ensure that your name stays written in the book of life because it can be erased anytime where a believer commits sin. In Phil 4:3, Paul confidently mentions Clement and other co- workers and says that their names were in the book of life. Is your name written in the book of life? Have you had your name erased from the book of life?
No matter how successful we can be in life and no matter how many certificates we acquire, nothing beats having our names in the book of the Lamb.