Effects of sexual immorality
We previously looked at the different immoral sexual acts. Why are they dangerous? What are their consequences?
Your private life should be honourable. Your private life speaks volumes about your character and determines whether you're a candidate of hell or heaven.
Nobody practices abominable acts such as masturbation in public. They are done in private. This is why you are required to work out your own salvation with fear and trembling Phil 2:12
1. All abominable sexual acts will send you to hell. There is no place in the Kingdom of God for the sexually immoral. Gal 5:19 outlines the acts of the flesh. Sexual immorality is first on the list. The Word of God says that all who practice such will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Verse 21)
2. People that engage in immoral sexual acts do not glorify God. You can't claim to be born again, and are a fornicator. How can God accept worship by a defiled worshipper?
'But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.'(Eph 5:3)
3. Immoral sexual acts are poisonous fleeting pleasures. The pleasures last for just a a short while. The victim goes back into being empty and miserable. The truth is, death is usually at the centre of every immoral sexual act.
Prov 9:17-18 “Stolen water is sweet; food eaten in secret is delicious!” But little do they know that the dead are there, that her guests are deep in the realm of the dead.'
4. Sexual Impurity ruins your mind and consience. It goes without saying that your mind will be corrupted after engaging in abominable sexual acts.
Take heed that your conscience does not die, and not condemn you anymore.
5. By engaging in these acts, you betray your spouse and children. A parent that watches pornography is a bad example to his/her family.
We should be accountable to the people that God has put in our lives.
6. Sexual Impurity enslaves. It becomes very hard to stop these acts. Some people will even start to justify themselves since they are bound by the enemy.
On the other hand, God is holy. If we are His, we must be desperate for holiness.
- Will guide you along this life. A holy person finds their way easier around life.
- Holiness opens doors. You will be provided for divinely because you pursue righteousness.
- Holiness is life, here and after.
- Holiness will fight for you. You will come out of certain situations and you will not figure out how. Being in sync with God will have fought for you.
- Fasting is one sure way to weaken the flesh. To be free from all sexual slavery, you have to put in work and be desperate for change.
Ps 86:11 ' Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you.'