God's whispering voice vs satan's whispering voice in spiritual battles.
GOD'S WHISPERING VOICE VS SATAN'S WHISPERING VOICE IN SPIRITUAL BATTLES.
09 Sep 2020 | By Pst. Gitahi DanielGod whispers and so does the devil since he is a counterfeit. In His whispering voice, God reassures and gives direction while the devil intimidates and targets at frightening a believer. Here is how to discern the voice of God from that of the enemy.
1. The voice of God is calm.Even when He cautions, His voice is never hoarse or threatening. The voice of the devil on the other hand is obsessive, its whole purpose is to attack and intimidate.
2. God's voice comforts.The Spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters (Gen 1: 2(b) The Holy Spirit still rests on clean water and that is the reason you will experience God's comforting voice and feel some cool water run through your inner man. Satan's voice brings worry. In an event of loss or grief, God gives peace but the devil tries to have the situation blown out of proportion by bringing anxiety. A believer, in whatever situation, should experience calm and peace. In the event, you are always worried when going through challenges, the truth is, the devil is usually behind that feeling, God wants you to be comforted even in the hardest of places/situations.
3. The WHISPERING voice of God CONVICTS.To be convicted is to be assured of the wrongful impact of a deed. Conviction aims at correcting. The voice of God/ The Holy Spirit convicts us in a calm loving way of where we go wrong. Ezekiel 18:24 says that when a righteous person commits a sin their past good deeds are forgotten. Satan's voice CONDEMNS. Condemnation aims at driving a sense of guilt into someone. Unlike conviction, Satan's voice of condemnation does not correct, it rebukes. Remember that we press on to what is ahead and forget the past (Phil 1:13) Romans 8:1 "There is now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus.
4. The Voice of God ENCOURAGES. The devil's voice DISCOURAGES.Whenever a believer is feeling low, the voice that cheers them up is God's voice. The devil doesn't encourage. It is not in his nature.
5. God's voice ENLIGHTENS.Whenever you find there is light in something you are undertaking or in a decision you are making, that is usually God's voice. The devil's voice brings CONFUSION. If there is contention in something that you are up to, please note that that does not come from God.
6. God's voice LEADS while the devil's voice PUSHES in a forceful manner.Leading is different from pushing. God's intention is to ensure that a believer follows the right direction. The voice that entices a believer into sin is satanic and it always pushes people into doing the wrong things.
7. The Voice of God REASSURES. The voice of the devil THREATENS.Whenever you do something right, God's comforting voice gives you an ensurance. If you always feel threatened that is definitely not the voice of God.
8. The voice of God is STILL i.e filled with deep silence.When God spoke to Elijah, He was not in the wind or in the earthquake. His voice was so still (1 Kings 19: 11 - 13) Whenever you feel some stillness in your inside man, that is God's voice. The voice of Satan RUSHES. Restlessness is not from God. As a believer, be still even when in making decisions. Learn to listen to God's still voice concerning your life.
NOTE:There are words we should never use as believers such as 'confusion and busy'. In his threatening, discouraging, condemning and pushing voice, the devil only aims at destroying any confidence we have in God.
You can never be too busy to seek God. Being busy is actually being under the devil's yoke i.e (B-eing U-nder S-atan's Y-oke)