The spirit of heaviness is an evil spirit sent from the pits of hell against men.
It is characterized by intense negative feelings that challenges our faith.
2 Cor 3:17 'where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty .'
That heavy feeling you feel in the morning is not from God. That unexplained strain and lack of drive in doing anything is what is called heaviness.
It goes hand in hand with these other spirits;
Fear - fear makes you see the negative even death in every situation
Death - people with heaviness contemplate death
Rejection - the spirit of heaviness makes you think that you are facing rejection even when you are not.
These Things to Show that you are under the spirit of Heaviness
1. Deep and repetitive yawning - yawning when you want to tune in to a sermon, or exactly when you want to pray.
Some people will get strangely exhausted when it is time to feed their spirit men.
2. Coughing. Some people will start to cough strangely when it's time to pray
To Defeat This spirit;
Eph 6:18 says that we should pray always and on all occasions. We should always be alert in Spirit.
1. Pray at all times (1 Thes 5:17, Eph 6:18, Luke 18:1)
According to Luke 18:1, a man ought to always be praying.
Pray for yourself more than you expect to be prayed upon.
You understand better what you are going through than even your man of God. God is looking for a man, not men to stand in the gap. (Eze 22:30)
1 Peter 5:8 cautions us to be alert always because the devil prowls like a hungry lion looking for someone to devour.
2. Faith - Faith is confidence in what we hope for, and assurance about what we do not see.
Prayers should be done in faith.
Without faith no one can please God
James 5:15 says that a prayer made in faith will make a sick person well.
Prayers not made in faith do not work.
Heb 11:6 No Man can please God without faith.
He who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)
We resist the devil by submitting to God, in righteousness. The big news here is the fact that the devil flees by himself.
This is What Heaviness does;
- Heaviness isolates you from people including church brethren
- Self hatred. A person with this spirit will suffer with self hatred
- Low self esteem. You battle with believing in yourself
- Self accusations. This spirit will have you accuse yourself even of things you should not
- Thinking that everyone is against you
- Feeling of failure
- Having no sense of purpose
- Focusing and dwelling too much on past failures
- You don't want the things of God
The drive for the things of God goes down.
- You feel like your vision is dead
- Comparing your life to others. Comparison is not healthy. You are unique in your special way.
This spirit is focused on rendering you ineffective in your purpose. Break free now.